Silversea Cruises is resuming their expeditions to Antarctica after a two-year gap. The company was struggling with the growing popularity of travel in Antarctica and felt it would be better for them if they were able to offer more options for travelers interested in seeing this region from outside its borders. Expedition cruises are expected to resume on December 16, 2019.
The “when will silversea cruises resume” is a question that many people have been asking. The company has resumed all of its Antarctic expeditions, but the company stopped offering them last year.
The Silver Explorer, operated by Silversea Cruises, has reintroduced luxury adventure sailing to Antarctica, departing from her new homeport of Puerto Williams, Chile, on November 10. On November 14, Silver Cloud sailed from Punta Arenas, Chile, to join the ship in Antarctica.
Cloud of Silver (Silversea Cruises provided this image.)
Roberto Martinoli, President and CEO of Silversea, states, “We are happy and delighted to be at the forefront of the revival of ultra-luxury adventure cruise in Antarctica.” “Our guests will be in awe of the true beauty and rare animals of the White Continent, accompanied by our seasoned crew of expedition professionals, but they will also experience the hallmark characteristics that have made Silversea the leader in luxury adventure cruising.”
Passengers on Silver Explorer are discovering Antarctica for the first time from Puerto Williams. DAP Antarctic Airways is offering private round-trip flights between Santiago and Puerto Williams for the cruise line’s passengers.
(Photo courtesy of Silversea Cruises)
DAP Antarctic Airways also supplies the aircraft component of Silversea’s new fly-cruise package, Antarctica Bridge, which offers the quickest and most direct route to Antarctica.
Several itineraries on the ships concentrate on the unspoiled wildness of the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands, while others include stops in South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
MORE: Celebrity Cruises Cuts Steel, Unveils Next Edge-Class Ship’s Name
On December 11, Silversea will launch its Antarctica Bridge fly-cruise option, allowing passengers to bypass the Drake Passage and fly directly to Antarctica to begin their voyage.
Starting January 27, 2022, an unique Deep South Expedition trip will spend 20 days charting a course beyond the Antarctic Circle in the hopes of reaching a latitude of 69 degrees south.
Explorer of Silver (Photo courtesy of Silversea Cruises)
The premium Antarctica cruises offered by Silversea include:
- Round-trip economy class flights to Santiago (or a discounted business class ticket) are available.
- Pre-cruise hotel stay in Santiago for one night
- Flights between Santiago and Puerto Williams/Punta Arenas are available domestically.
- Transfers and baggage handling from the airport to the hotel and the cruise
- Butler service, gratuities, various restaurants and in-suite meals, and premium drinks in-suite and across the ship are all included on this all-inclusive cruise.
- Lectures and guided land and sea trips are provided by a highly skilled expedition crew.
- A coat, backpack, and water bottle are among the expedition’s essentials.
- For individuals who do not have a return international flight on the day of disembarkation, a post-cruise day-use hotel stay (with transfers) is available.
READ NEXT: A Cruise Line Has Announced a 155-Night World Wonders Voyage
The “silversea cruises coronavirus” is a virus that has been affecting travelers to Antarctica. Silversea has resumed their expedition cruises in the region.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Silversea Explorer now?
A: The Silversea Explorer is currently docked in the Port of Gibraltar. It will be departing on 29th November 2018, 4pm for a 7 day cruise to the Canary Islands and Cape Verde.
Are cruise ships allowed in Antarctica?
A: Cruise ships are not allowed to enter Antarctica because of the areas sovereignty.
Who is the owner of Silversea Cruises?
A: I dont know the owner of Silversea Cruises.
- silversea cruises latest news
- silversea cancelled cruises
- silversea antarctica 2022
- silversea press releases
- antarctica expedition cruise